From: KD7JYK DM09
: In school we were taught to LEAVE THE ROOM IMMEDIATELY if a
: fluorescent tube broke; so there were exceptions, even 4 decades ago.
Probably due to the massive cloud of phosphorus that would fill the room and
our little lungs.
****** No,not phosphorus but rare earth phosphors.The concern was that any
cut or open abrasion in the skin that came into contact with the phosphors
would no longer heal and would become,running sores.Note that very little
attention was paid to the (small) amount of liquid mercury that had been
inside the tube.
RFI mailing list