> : In school we were taught to LEAVE THE ROOM IMMEDIATELY if a
> : fluorescent tube broke; so there were exceptions, even 4 decades ago.
> Probably due to the massive cloud of phosphorus that would fill the room and
> our little lungs.
Yeah, that's what I thought the problem was.
But some years later someone told me the real danger was mercury. But
I don't take that person's opinion as very authoritative.
Heck, we used to play with mercury in grade school. I remember those
slippery quarters dipped in mercury. Some people brought drops of
mercury home in their pants pockets.
RFI mailing list