RFI

Re: [RFI] RE HVAC issue

To: "Mel Crichton" <kj9c@iquest.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RE HVAC issue
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 08:54:55 -0800
I would suggest you look the salesman in the eye and tell him that you want it
in writing that if the unit they install creates RFI on your radio, they will
be required to replace it with one that does not.  In our house we have a Amana
HVAC system, it does not make a peep.

The ones that are RFI quiet are usually Canadian spec.

Imlo, our FCC is letting the manufacturers get away with whatever they want to
do if the words "oh, it saves money, its green energy" are mentioned.

Good luck and 73',

Gary...wa6fgi