RFI

Re: [RFI] Aquarium Heater

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Aquarium Heater
From: Bob Turner <n2scj@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:12:28 -0500
Thanks for all the comments.  This a summary.

1) they can be noisy
2) they can be quiet - possible quiet brands are Hagen Tonic, and Superior

My plan is to confirm the PetSmart money back guarantee has no questions
asked.  Try a heater in a bucket of water, if it is quiet I'm good to go.
If noisy, take it back and get a different brand/model.  They had about 20
heaters on display, one is probably quiet.  If I can't find a quiet one,
then I'll pass on the fish hobby as my radio hobby takes precedence.

Bob