RFI

Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:31:09 -0500
On 12/20/12 05:44 pm, Kimberly Elmore wrote:
I've read many reports if severe RFI from plasma TVs. It's about time for us to
upgrade form our old NTSC Sony to something better. The plasma screens seem to
be less expensive for a given picture quality, but I'll not have one near the
place if they are common RFI headaches. If course, it's impossible to find out
anything from the manufacturer's sites, so what says the collective wisdom of
this esteemed group? Are the plasma TVs as bad as ever? Or worse?

ISTR reading some years ago that many of the Plasma TVs being sold in retail outlets such as Best Buy were not FCC-certified for use in domestic environments but only for use in commercial environments. How widespread was that? Is it (still) true?

73

Alan NV8A