RFI

Re: [RFI] Wall Wart RFI [Was: HDTV: Plasma vs LCD]

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wall Wart RFI [Was: HDTV: Plasma vs LCD]
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 15:20:39 -0500
Our teen son has a charger for USB that does the same.

I plugged it into a power strip with a "transformer" outlet
(not the new once that merely make room for a wall-wart but
a small isolation transformer inside the strip) and all of
the powerline RFI went away.

Is anyone aware of power strips that contain effective filters
to block powerline RFI?

Has anyone evaluated common (350-650) UPS devices for RFI filtering?

: ISTR reading some years ago that many of the Plasma TVs being sold in
: retail outlets such as Best Buy were not FCC-certified

Speaking of which, I just picked up a Yeasu FT-60 with a NEW charging system
for a local OM who doesn't have a credit card for phone orders.  It destoys
all potential of operating from "DC-Daylight", as noted when the very radio
intended to be charge was rendered useless in the presence of the charger.
No FCC logo and made in china, so no surprise.

Spectrograms and recordings pending...

Kurt

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com