RFI

Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD

To: "Leigh" <bipi@comcast.net>, "Richard Battles" <wb4byq@gmail.com>, "Dave Harmon" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD
From: "Dale Svetanoff" <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 22:19:19 -0600
Mike,

They most likely DO pass "testing standards".  That shows what a piss poor
job the FCC has done with regards to emissions on so many devices.
Remember, the "warning" label on Part 15 and similar devices says that the
device must not cause interference and it must accept interference.  Right.
Per the FCC, you can go tell your neighbor to not use the TV during
whatever hours you operate.  Lotsa luck.

73,
Dale Svetanoff, WA9ENA
Sr EMC Engineer
E-N-A Systems, LLC
Specializing in shielding applications, system grounding, and lightning
protection

Gawd
> awful!  Don't know how these can ever pass testing standards.
>
> 73 de Mike
> K7PI

and