RFI

Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD

To: svetanoff@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] HDTV: Plasma vs LCD
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 11:00:50 -0500
On 2012-12-26, at 10:36 AM, Dale Svetanoff wrote:

> Thank you for reinforcing my point about the FCC's deplorable lack of guts
> and common sense with emissions.  The situation for TV receivers, plus the
> general lack of radiated emissions requirements testing below 26 MHz for
> Part 15 devices, sure does raise havoc with HF communications.
>
> One has to wonder what the story would be if the US was to ever have a
> licensed, active ham as an FCC Commissioner (not likely anytime soon - if
> ever!) who gets clobbered by garbage emissions from Part 15 devices in
> his/her home or from neighbors.  Oh well, worth a few chuckles.

Hi Dale,

Far nicer---and it would surely drive the message home better than anything
else---would be if some critical government installation happened to be located
next to a suburban build-up, and having all its associated communications /
electronic handiwork / etc. being interfered with on a daily basis by the
imported electronic junk & gizmo do-dads that have run amuck in our
consumer-oriented "Wal-Marted" society...

Why should such "...garbage emissions" affect Ham radio alone...? The reality
of the current deplorably neglected situation would VERY swiftly come down upon
the collective heads of the FCC (and our own Industry Canada) if some idiot
addicted to watching Oprah on his / her plasma TV was to suddenly compromise
the activities of some federal branch of the public service...

But, as in all things these days, "...Money talks & B.S. walks"---and the
authorities that are empowered to protect us all have seemingly (and sadly)
elected to "walk" away from their mandate & responsibility...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ