RFI

Re: [RFI] Under-counter lighting that is quiet?

To: rfi@contesting.com, plaws@plaws.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] Under-counter lighting that is quiet?
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:33:40 -0500
Mine are about 7 years old and made by Kichler. They use 12 V T-5 incandescent bulbs filled with xenon. They have a switch, well separated from the bulbs, that yields bright, dim and off. These, at least, are absolutely quiet. I assume that they run off of a transformer, but I've never measuered the voltage to the bulbs to know if it's AC or DC. I'll have to check, but I don't know if there are any restrictions on using dimmers. Even so, we always use the "dim" position and they make plenty of light for us.

73,

Kim N5OP