RFI

Re: [RFI] Samsung isn't completely RF quiet

Subject: Re: [RFI] Samsung isn't completely RF quiet
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:47:48 -0700
Hams are a small minority.  Samsung wouldn't even notice.

I only buy my electronics from brick-and-mortar stores with good return
policies, so I can return them if they generate RFI.  I think do a thorough
test for RFI on all bands as soon as I get it home.  That's worked well for
me, but it does not good when my neighbor doesn't do the same.  I have a
noisy solar inverter next door right now that I have to deal with.  The RFI
situation is getting worse.

The only real solution to the problem of increasing RFI in the neighborhood
seems to be to build a remote station.  Time to buy a lottery ticket and
hope for the best I guess.