RFI

Re: [RFI] More on "my" noise.

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] More on "my" noise.
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 15:07:37 -0700
 Ken,
    You might look around your neighborhood for a new installation of a
water pump,
 sewer pump or any facility using a large electric motor. These modern VFD
motor drives are
 killer on wideband noise when they are not filtered. They are fairly easy
to find with
a BCB radio. I have successfully dealt with one and have another in progress
waiting to
 inform the company. First one was 1.5 miles away. If you hear it on 15
meters it cant be
 too far away
 Lee  K7TJR OR

>Yes. I had wondered about that too.

However, I hear it on my small battery powered Radio Shack AM/FM/SW radio
too.

Also, other hams in this area, out to as much as 5 miles in radius from
here, are reporting hearing the same thing.

I'm going to switch to a TS-940 to see if there is a difference in what I am
hearing.

I doubt if there will be.

The noise is also very loud on 15 meters.

Ken W7EKB