RFI

Re: [RFI] Utility coming tomorrow to chase RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Utility coming tomorrow to chase RFI
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 19:01:47 -0500
That's all true however those factors (antennas, feedline, matching
networks etc.) don't provide a sharp cutoff high pass filter.   If
they were involved, he'd see a gradual attenuation in the vicinity of
700 kc.   Apparently he doesn't--it's there above 700; gone below 700.
  That _is not_ a characteristic of an arc.   and anyway, line noise
is stronger in the low medium wave and low frequency range, all other
things being equal.

He can drive around with a car radio on.  If he hears the noise on say
750 kc but it is completely gone at 600 or 550, then I'd consider some
other source.  I might still be out on the street, some fault with a
street lamp ballast perhaps.
73

Rob
K5UJ