RFI

Re: [RFI] clamp on ferrites at Mouser

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] clamp on ferrites at Mouser
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 00:13:13 -0700
On 6/16/2014 11:35 PM, David Cole wrote:
I have always liked the rigor in your work!

Thanks, David. One of those from whom I've learned my style of technical writing was the late Neil Muncy, ex-W3WJE, who taught us about The Pin One Problem and Shield-Current-Induced Noise in a landmark AES Paper, published in the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society in June 1995. As he said in the bar one night about that work, "I described exactly what I did, and the results. Anyone can read it and duplicate my work." Three other important influences are EMC guru Henry Ott, WA2IRQ, the late Dick Heyser (one of the guys at JPL who helped put us on the moon), and Bill Whitlock, proprietor of Jensen Transformers. All are/were spectacularly good writers and teachers.

My general approach is to try to do exactly that, but also to walk the reader through the technical basis of what I'm doing, so that they can follow along with me, and even try to shoot holes into something I've gotten wrong. Once in a while that happens. :) He who does nothing does nothing wrong.

73, Jim K9YC