RFI

Re: [RFI] clamp on ferrites at Mouser

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] clamp on ferrites at Mouser
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:21:54 -0700
On 6/17/2014 5:44 AM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:
What I understand is that the # 31 is good for frequencies below 5 MHz, but
my question is what to put in internet modem cables, transformer notebook,
cable RS232 as don´t know where frequencies they are.

We put chokes on these cables so that they will not radiate trash on our ham bands, so it is OUR frequencies that determine the chokes. For example, if we want to kill RF noise on 40 and 20M, we wind the chokes for those frequencies.

73, Jim K9YC