RFI

Re: [RFI] clamp on ferrites at Mouser

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] clamp on ferrites at Mouser
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 22:13:57 -0700
On 6/14/2014 9:35 PM, David Cole wrote:
Thanks, I think I just found a new vendor for our group buy!

Some good vendors of Fair-Rite parts are Lodestone Pacific and Dexter Magnetics. In general, the ham specialty vendors are ripoff artists, with very high markups. Industrial vendors, like these and Arrow, are far better.

If your target is suppression at HF, be sure to buy parts that allow at least 4-5 turns. I've done several group purchases. Most recently, we bought about 800 pieces of a #31 clamp-on with an inner diameter of 0.75 inches. Fair-Rite part number 0431173551. We paid about $2.65 with tax and shipping. This is a very convenient part for the smaller diameter cables that radiate noise generators. :)

Jorge's problem is finding a vendor who will ship to CX6.

73, Jim K9YC