RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:37:54 -0500
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM, David Cole <dave@nk7z.net> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> Thanks for the suggestion, but alas, no go here...  Growing is allowed
> because of the Medical laws, it allows growing in any area, any zone.
> Our only recourse out this way is locate and turn into the FCC...

I googled around looking at Oregon's medical marijuana rules.
Dispensaries are only allowed in commercial, industrial, and mixed-use
zones.  There was no mention of where grow sites are allowed but
dispensaries cannot be grow sites.  Your legislature keeps passing
laws to "clarify" the program but since this keeps happening, I gather
it's not getting clearer.  I wonder of these laws are, perhaps,
written in smoke-filled rooms?

Anyway, a recent clarification law allows local governments to ban
dispensaries for up to a year but I could find no mention of grow
sites.  In fact, from reading up on it, it appears that the
regulations for grow sites are kind of sparse.  A grow site can only
grow plants for 4 "patients" but there doesn't appear to be any limit
on the number of grow sites at a given location.

None the less, I didn't see anything that allowed grow site owners to
claim pre-emption of local land use regulations.