RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: David Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 08:45:50 -0700
Peter,

Thank you for the check...  Unfortunately I have come to the same
conclusion-- the laws are not clear at all in Oregon.  About the only
thing a ham can do to help along the lines of legal grows, is to
sandwich him/her self between two schools.  The only law I find that
limits a grower in any way, is the no closer than 1000 feet from a
school rule.

It looks like Oregon is going to have a legalization vote this November,
and if the measure passes, it also looks like the OLCC, (Oregon Liquor
Control Commission-- state run), will be in charge of things that grow.
That will make my next step simpler, which, as I see it, is to see if I
can locate a contact within the Government who will assist in getting
some Part 15/18 restrictions inserted into the laws here...

I think the ARRL's approach of getting imports banned is a very good
start, but I believe it needs to go much, much further, and be much more
aggressive...  I think the ARRL should get their legal counsel involved,
right now, in making changes in every state, (before the Pot
legalization process goes viral, and mark my words, it will), and
address RFI issues right up front in the R&R the states use for
growers...

The ARRL has so many more resources than I do, and than most hams, it
only makes since for them to take the lead...

(HINT HINT HINT)...   :)
--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net