RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise - where do I start?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise - where do I start?
From: "thoyer" <thoyer1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:09:11 -0400
Thank you all for the many good suggestions. I will run the line sync and
audio sync tests soon and report my findings to the group.

As of right now the noise seems to have subsided but was present most of the
day (at least whnever I turned the rig on to check). Also note, today was a
little breezy and the breeze is gone now. Maybe a clue - a data entry point
for my log.

Last week we had a day or so of rain and the noise was 40 over on most
bands. It was reduced the following day as we dried out and was totally gone
by the third day. It has been dry the last week so what I captured today was
not due to wet conditions.

I've lived at this house since 91 and have never had noise like this. I was
not very active over the summer so I can't say for sure when it started. It
was not present last winter / spring.

Again, I'll report back with my findings as I get them.

Regards,

Tom
W3TA