RFI

Re: [RFI] PG&E

To: <n0tt1@juno.com>, <aa6dx@arrl.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] PG&E
From: "Ed K0iL" <eddieedwards@centurylink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 19:15:07 -0500
Mark,

I recommend you ask for their department or group responsible for their FCC
licensed 2-way radio and microwave radio systems.  Ask if they have a
telecommunications group maybe within their Info Technology or Business
Technology division.  Mention you'd rather deal with them directly than to call
the Federal Communications Commission resulting in citations and expensive
fines for PG&E to respond to their problem.  Those folks should be either
knowledgeable about power line RFI (and might have a ham working there), or
they would know where their RFI technicians work assuming they have one.

Charlie,

http://www.arrl.org/FCC-Enforcement-Activities-and-the-Electric-Utility-Industry

This link doesn't show PG&E getting any citations unless it was very recent,
but they have had 13 FCC complaints in the last 16 years.  More than most other
power companies.  Even the company I work for has one listed.  We have had to
hire Mike Martin twice in 20 years to get new management to come back to
discussions to resolve long-term problems that should have been resolved
internally.  For some reason they won't believe the internal engineer maybe
because he's a licensed ham, but they'll pay big bucks to hire a consultant
(also a ham) and listen to him say the exact same things.  It is very tiring to
have to train new and clueless management periodically.

73,  de ed -K0iL
 Ed Edwards
 PO Box 375
 Elkhorn, NE  68022-0375