RFI

Re: [RFI] "No RFI" LED bulbs

To: "Chris L. Parker" <parker601@earthlink.net>, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] "No RFI" LED bulbs
From: GaryK9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 17:53:33 -0500
I suspect that a LED lightbulb is preferred over incandescent due to the high
vibration present.

73,
Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: "Chris L. Parker"
<parker601@earthlink.net> Date: 8/15/17  5:04 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: RFI List
<rfi@contesting.com> Subject: [RFI]  "No RFI" LED bulbs
Greetings,

An RFI free LED bulb is a very welcomed product for any ham.  But maybe someone
much smarter than me can explain why a Genie garage door opener would need one.
I'm pretty sure my garage door opener receives the "open door" command from the
RF remote and then raises the door and turns on the light.  I think the light
is unpowered until after the open command is received.  Are they concerned
about RX interference to subsequent commands after the bulb is on?

Chris
AF6PX