RFI

Re: [RFI] "No RFI" LED bulbs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] "No RFI" LED bulbs
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 19:17:10 -0500
This interesting.

I've been switching o LED Christmas lights and was originally worried about RFI. I"m not certain how these work: Some provide FWB rectification while others provide only have-wave rectification. But, it's obvious that these don;t have a built-in PS. As far as I can tell, these things are RF-silent. I hear no change at all when I turn them on.

LED light bulbs are different because they have their own switching PS inside. I've used mainly Phillips, a few Cree and couple of no-names and, so far, haven't heard a thing form them. I've also replaced fluorescent tubes with LED equivalents and they're also quiet (both the kind that requires wiring around the ballast and the kind that will use a SS ballast). The same goes with CFLs. Sounds like I should thank my lucky stars!

Kim N5OP