RFI

[RFI] FW: Pacemaker and RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] FW: Pacemaker and RFI
From: < wx5l@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 07:38:12 -0500

Greetings RFI Group,

Yesterday I had a Medtronic pacemaker implanted in my chest. I was having
occasional lapses in heart rhythm of 10-15 seconds about once a week.

This pacemaker is of new technology shielded in metal.

Is there anyone that has experience or an opinion about operating on HF
frequencies 40 through 10 meters with a pacemaker?

In the manual it does refer to being in close proximity to the unit like 6
inches for cell phones, network routers and laptops. Also mentioned that
microwave ovens are not an issue but again I am inquiring about HF.

I realize if I'm on my tower working and RF would be emitted would be a
higher risk.

What I'm concerned is operating in my shack about 60 feet from my quad and
30 feet from a 40 meter delta loop.

I am inquiring about the electromagnetic compatibility.

I'm not anticipating info from Medtronic that relates to my particular
questions.

Thanks,

Randy

WX5L