RFI

Re: [RFI] My biggest fear is happening

To: Alan Higbie <alan.higbie@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] My biggest fear is happening
From: Mark Schoonover via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2024 07:23:40 -0700
Alan,

This is what I did, brought a portable SW radio with me. The company I went
with had a nearly identical system that was ground mounted. The company rep
and I went out there and I scanned the bands - 100% quiet. We're listening
to a SW station and they broadcasted the local weather - something like 20
degrees C, clouds, etc. The rep looked at me puzzled then the station
announced itself, Radio Australia. He was shocked a radio station could go
that far.

Taking before install and after install waterfall screenshots is good. Also
grab another set well after dark too. The other option you have is ferrite
everywhere. I have a video on what I did to my previous station:
https://youtu.be/K_1hBFMzbAs?si=e9_llLNjXWQ6xQ5S

Let us know your results. I'm sure if you talk to the techs, they'll give
you brand & model information of the inverter(s).

73! Mark KA6WKE - DM34st
Need a Website? https://www.copperstate-it.com
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/ka6wke
Amateur Radio: https://www.ka6wke.net