RFI

Re: [RFI] My biggest fear is happening

To: Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ <wa2sqq@gmail.com>, rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] My biggest fear is happening
From: Michael Carter via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2024 14:05:56 +0000
Hi Bob,

Unless your neighbor has opted to purchase
and own the solar PV system, Sunrun is the
owner and obligated to address any RFI
issues associated with its installations.
The Sunrun business model is leasing
of the installed PV system at a fixed cost
to the residence owner.

I tried to research the brands of products
used by Sunrun installers and found little
information thus far.  Sunrun entered into
a purchase agreement with SolarEdge for
inverters several years ago, but I don't know
if Sunrun is still using SolarEdge products.
Readers of this list know all too well of
RFI problems with SolarEdge's line of
'solar optimizers', which are DC-DC switch-mode
power converters connected to each PV module.

Paul, W9AC's advice to quickly get a baseline
reading of RF background levels on all bands
on which you operate is the best action you
can take now.  I would also reach out to
Steve, W1EMI at ARRL Laboratory who has
interacted with SolarEdge and possibly Sunrun
on RFI issues.

73,
Mike, K8CN