[RTTY] RTTY TOP-LIST

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY TOP-LIST
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:14:39 -0500
Thanks for the update Sigi.  I'm not sure if many of you have checked
out Sigi's site but it's pretty cool.  He has gone so far as to rate the top
50 stations world wide as far as total RTTY contest QSO's added up
from all the contests for 2001 and so far in 2001.

I didn't know anything about this until earlier this year when I stumbled
across his site and found AA5AU rated 3rd overall in 2000.  It's a neat
concept, this top 50, although it includes multi-operations as well as
single-operations so it's not a real true single operator rating.  AA5AU was
used when Ron and I operated from the ranch for the BARTG that year
so the extra 1872 QSO's we generated helped my total a great deal for 2000.

It would be neat to do something like this for single ops only.  Perhaps
come up with a point system like NASCAR or Formula 1 racing but it
would be next to impossible to do really.  Or maybe Sigi could separate
Single Op and Multi-Op stations in the future.  (hint hint)  I think it's a
nice gesture on his part to keep track of all the RTTY contest results after
they've been published.  Keep up the great work Sigi!

Thanks, Don AA5AU