Virus protection (was: Re: NOW ON WEB Re: [RTTY] Results of ...)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Virus protection (was: Re: NOW ON WEB Re: [RTTY] Results of ...)
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:52:36 +0000
Waldemar is absolutely correct is his statements. But, Norton does
provide free for 1 year updates to its anti-virus software, and
they're pretty quick on the fix. For example, last week, instead of
the usual 1 update, I got 3 updates on 3 succeeding days. I suppose
McAfee does the same.

And for those who's idea of fun is to write these things, remember
that ALL the code must be original. I remember once a few years back
getting a message on a virus scan that ""remnants" of the Tequilla
virus were found".

One other point, although I have been lucky I guess, on the one or two
occasions where one has been detected, I always delete the file
instead of trying to repair it.

An important part also is these idiots take control of our enjoyment
when they overpower us with fear that "every thing is suspect". I
won't let that happen to me.

73
Ed