[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest
From: jtolbert@gremlan.org (The Tolberts)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:32:40 -0500
I'd love to try WAE but heres my problem; I'm using MMTTY which of course
runs in WIN95; WF1B runs in DOS. I can't, no matter how hard I try get the
two to work together. Heres the setup:

PC with 6 comports, 2 built in and 4 on a Byterunner PCI card. These 4 I
can't access in DOS ( tried all the drivers etc.)

Kenwood TS850

Rigblaster PLUS

Now I worked CQWW using MMTTY and the N1MM progam using COM1 for the radio
and COM2 for fsk output and all worked fine. Heres what I tried for WF1B:

I changed fsk to COM3 to free up COM2 for WF1B, I confirmed MMTTY works now.
I setup WF1B to use a KAM on COM2 and setup MMTTY to emulate a KAM on COM4;
I connected COM4 and COM2 together using a null modem cable. Wf1B now boots
ok ( it didn't before when I tried using one fo the PCI ports as a com in
rtty.ini; I'd get a runtime error) but I get nothing in the receive window
and I get a Kenwood error obviously because MMTTY is using the radio port. I
think I need this because as I understand it thats what MMTTY is using for
ptt. Is there anyone using MMTTY/WF1B on ONE pc keying with fsk? I think I
can set it up on afsk but then I lose the ability to use the narrow
filters.....any suggestions??

73 Jamie WW3S