[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest
From: dk3vn@nexgo.de (Waldemar DK3VN)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:20:54 +0100
Raj VE6RAJ wrote:

> "Hill, Don" wrote:
> >
> > There were a lot of comments made to the reflector that certain operators
> > would be skipping the WAEDC RTTY Contest because they did not care
> > for the exchange of QTC's.
> >

> Yeah:
>
> Just because you don't like QTCs shouldn't keep you out of the test. I
> am not a QTC expert, but as you can only send QTCs to another continent,
> here is your chance to inflict your pain back on the originators or the
> contest.
>
> 73
> Raj VE6RAJ

Hi,

for many HAM's the WAEDC is the most challenging DX contest in the world!

I am very surprised to read, that many RRTY OP's, even the "old ones",
don't like this contest, because they don't understand, what a QTC is???
I may understand, that SSB OP's don't know, what a QTC is, but a RTTY OP
should know what a QTC is! Boy, I am really surprised!

If I remember right, the real OM's (OM=Old Man) here should correct me,
many, many decades ago the mode RTTY was created for one usage only:
To send QTC's from one point to an other point on this world. If I am
right, the mode CW was the first mode, which was created for the same
reason only; just to send QTC's.

If anyone has forgotten what "QTC" means or had not to learn the
Q-Groups, like QRZ, QRM, QRN, QSY, .. as a part of the license test:
QTC=Telegram.

See you in the WAEDC-RTTY. The real hard guys you can see in the
WAEDC-CW; if you still like CW. ~:-)

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL on  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn@darc.de