[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 06:34:43 -0800
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:20:54 +0100, Waldemar DK3VN wrote:

>I am very surprised to read, that many RRTY OP's, even the "old ones",
>don't like this contest, because they don't understand, what a QTC is???
>I may understand, that SSB OP's don't know, what a QTC is, but a RTTY OP
>should know what a QTC is! Boy, I am really surprised!

Hi Waldemar:  I understand what a QTC is; I just don't think sending
message traffic is fun.  That's just my preference. For those who like
to do it, fine.  My enjoyment in contesting comes from seeing how many
stations I can contact, not from passing traffic.  I like working lots
of stations, lots of countries, lots of multipliers, busy, busy, busy.
Sending lists of who you worked before is pointless, IMO.

I'm not trying to take away anyone's enjoyment from WAE; it just has no
attraction for me.

73, Bill W7TI