[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest
From: dk3vn@nexgo.de (Waldemar DK3VN)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:16:04 +0100
Kari Hirvonen wrote:

> Hi fellow Rttyer's,
>
> I fully agree with with Bill W7TI, his opinion hits the target. The point is
> to collect and log as many
> stations & multis as possible in a limited time. That's so simple.We're
> really not anymore testing the
> error free data flow between the continent and so vesting the time to
> nonsense during a contest.
>
> I vote for non-QTC !
>
> Please readjust the WAE RTTY rules for next year.
>
> rgds,
>
> Kari OH2BP

Hmm .., I understand your point of view of contesting. What's about
a contest, were we have to exchange callsigns only, like ..

AB1CD TEST AB1CD
 EF9GH EF9GH
EF9GH QSL AB1CD QRZ
  JK5LM JK5LM
JK5LM QSL AB1CD QRZ
  ..

An other example. Many people outside of North America do not understand
the rules for American Football. I have learned, that a touch down is
a great think. So, why they do not change the complicate rules to simple
ones? What's about that: Each team has to try to get touch downs as much
as possible in a given time. All members of one team are waiting on one
side of the field. The first one picks up the ball and runs over the field
to the other side for a touch down. Now it's time for a few commercial's.
After we all have watched the important messages of the sponsors, the runner
runs back to his team with the ball. It's time for commercial's again now!
The next member of the team picks up the ball for his run and his touch down
and so on ... The team with the most touch down's in a given time is the
winning team. That's so simple.

An other example? Baseball, Soccer? OK, I'll stop with my babbling .. ~:-))

Have >>FUN<< in any contest, you may prefer!!!!!!

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL on  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn@darc.de
RWRL Mirror on http://home.nexgo.de/waldemar.kebsch