[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest
From: dhill@cprk.com (Hill, Don)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:35:47 -0600
I think it might have been HK0DEP.  I've been searching all
over trying to figure out who it was that was active in RTTY
contests in the 90's.

On my DXped to San Andres in '93, I met several of the local
hams.  A couple of them met us at the airport and assisted us
through customs.  Then about 10 or 12 of them showed up to help
us put up antennas.  They invited us to one of their houses and
we had a dinner party.  One of them even drove us completely
around the island and showed us many sites.  It was one of the
bests trips I've ever been on.

I'll have to go through my pictures and notes to find out who
all these wonderful people were.  I left a RTTY program with HK0DEP
so he could get on RTTY and he did.  I also sold the brand new
R7 antenna I used down there to one of the locals.  I'm not sure
what happened to HK0DEP.  It's been many years since we've heard
from him.

The best part of the trip was finding Lobster dinners for $10 US!

Have fun Gerd!  I envy you...

73, Don AA5AU