[RTTY] WPX 2002 log submissions and the damn robot

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WPX 2002 log submissions and the damn robot
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:30:24 -0500 (EST)
   From: "John - vk4cej" <vk4cej@hamsnet.net>
To: <rtty@contesting.com>
   Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:50:51 +1000

   I have seen discussion in this reflector regarding the lack of logs being
   submitted for rtty contests.... and no wonder.   I have had my WPX 2002 log
   returned by the robot 2 times so far.   The frustration of having to do this
   over and over is obviously one reason why logs submission rates are down.  I
   will submit my log one more time and, if the robot returns it again, I too
   will join the ranks of those who do not bother.    To those people who are
   the "log checkers" I say .... please take note and please do away with these
   damn robots

Perhaps if you gave more information about why your log was rejected,
others could help you get it right, and the log checkers and robot
experts could do their jobs more to your satisfaction.

Personally, I'd rather have the robot tirelessly help me correct
deficiencies, then have a human waste their time making sure I can
follow directions.

I think Cabrillo and the robot are GREAT!!!!

73, doug