[RTTY] WPX 2002 log submissions and the damn robot

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WPX 2002 log submissions and the damn robot
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:37:28 -0500 (EST)
   From: K4SB <k4sb@mindspring.com>
To: <rtty@contesting.com>
   Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:03:16 +0000

   I agree with Doug's perception and am sure it makes it easier for the
   log checkers, but I'd like to know why the damn robot can tell me what
   the errors are, but is incapable of correcting them.

   If it knows the problem, it should know the solution.

The message I got back said in essence,  "these two lines are not
applicable to this contest, so they have been deleted and your log
accepted".  That's a fix where it knows what to do, and does it.

Other errors may indicate ambiguous or missing information, and I
certainly wouldn't want the robot making things up.  In my former
life, I've used and abused defaults, but there's a long learning
process there, and I've also been burned by those defaults.

I will say, I didn't submit my log until yesterday, since I was
traveling and wanted the log to come from my home system.  The log
preprocessor may have been updated to correct its behavior as previous
logs came in and problems were spotted, so I may be seeing a late
revision of the thing.  Users can come up with more wierdness then a
rational, knowledgeable personal can imagine without MUCH analysis.

73, doug