[RTTY] keyed AFSK? - was: Best RTTY rig?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] keyed AFSK? - was: Best RTTY rig?
From: sholton@optonline.net (Steve Holton)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:34:59 -0500
John L Merrill wrote:
.......If you look at the FT1000MP/990/MarkV/1000D specifications it will say
afsk for transmit. I may be wrong, but I dont think any recent Yaesu rig
ever used "FSK"........

The FT100MP MkV Technical Overview says:
  "Thanks to very fast acting DDS circuits, a true frequency shifted keying
carrier generator is provided for the MARK_V for RTTY use"   But then it
goes on to muddy the water with some additional sentences that could be
construed to contradict this.
Since I have already found the Technical overview to not be entirely
correct/accurate - it is outright wrong in regard to add-in filters - we
may never now ;<)

Steve N1NB