[RTTY] keyed AFSK? - was: Best RTTY rig?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] keyed AFSK? - was: Best RTTY rig?
From: ekki@plicht.de (Ekki Plicht)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:57:01 +0100
> I am using FSK with the Pro and the PK-900 in contests. But
> my blasted PTC-IIe does not use FSK. Maybe I need to buy a
> new PTC-II? Only trouble is that you NEED AFSK for PSK31 and
> Pactor-II. And those are good modes.

So what - I use my PTC-2 for all modes, RTTY, PSK31, SSTV, Pactor I and II.
The cable (just one) goes to the ACC1 connector in the rear, connects both
FSK and AFSK inputs. What is used depends only on the selected mode, 756Pro
in RTTY uses FSK, LSB-D/USB-D uses AFSK. Only wish the -D modes would have a
separate filter set, but AFAIK the 756Pro2 has this now.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR