[RTTY] keyed AFSK? - was: Best RTTY rig?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] keyed AFSK? - was: Best RTTY rig?
From: w5ben@arrl.net (Duane Budd)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:20:21 -0500
Yep. I have been an FSK fan since the early '80's. Back then
you could usually tell, because a "newbie" using AFSK didn't
know how to adjust his gain (or ignored the instructions)
and splattered all over the band.

I am using FSK with the Pro and the PK-900 in contests. But
my blasted PTC-IIe does not use FSK. Maybe I need to buy a
new PTC-II? Only trouble is that you NEED AFSK for PSK31 and
Pactor-II. And those are good modes.

Duane Budd
w5ben@arrl.net
Johnson City, TN

**All outgoing Email is screened by Norton Antivirus**