[RTTY] UBN analysis

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UBN analysis
From: chen@mac.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 13:31:49 -0700
<dk3vn@nexgo.de> wrote:

> Removed were RX9SR (3 bands), RW9WA (3 bands) and UA9SP (2 bands). All
> of them gave me CQ-Zone 17.

My logs show that I had worked RX9SR in that contest, who I
also copied as Zone 17.  In fact, right after a QSO with W2UP!

I have not checked my UBN.  If Waldemar got zapped, I probably got
dinged, too.

What the heck, it was a fun contest, wasn't it?  That is what counts
for me.  If you look at where I appear in the results, you know I
didn't do it for the wallpaper, HI HI.

There must have been a sudden band opening, because I'd worked a few
Zone 17s, almost in succession in the same time period as RX9SR.
Perhaps Barry is in Siberia?! :-)

Since I mostly S&P, the zone 17 chaps must have been lined up next
to each other on the band, too.

73
Chen, AA6TY