[RTTY] UBN analysis

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UBN analysis
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 13:20:54 -0700 (PDT)
--- DJ3IW Goetz <dj3iw@t-online.de> wrote:

> Bad or non verifiable Zones excluded from the score:
> QSO:  3500 RY 2001-09-29 2200 DJ3IW    599 14 DX  RW9WA   599 17
>
> Can someone explain to my, why zone 17 is no good for RW9WA?

Only Eddie can.

I'm not going to claim I understand all the nuances of UBN checking.  However,
assuming RW9WA sent Zone 17, regardless of what one *thinks* the zone should
be, if he did not send in a log, and a vast (and I mean VAST) majority of
stations who logged him copied him sending Zone 17, then those QSOs should not
be marked invalid.  Isn't contesting about copying what the guy sent, even if
it's wrong?

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com