[RTTY] UBN analysis

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UBN analysis
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 22:00:53 -0700
On Fri, 10 May 2002 00:45:24 -0400, k3mm@comcast.net wrote:

>Therefore, even if 500 guys copied RW9WA sending Zone 17, it's still their
>fault and I guess they still lose penalty Q's as well...Ouch!!  Work the guy
>and lose 3 QSO's...per band!

I can see losing credit for the multiplier if it's wrong, but not for
the QSO.

Say you work some one in California and he sends zone 29 or something
equally rare.  Obviously you should not be able to use zone 29 as a
multiplier, but you did make the QSO and you did copy what was sent.
Credit for a zone 3 QSO should be given, shouldn't it?

Make sense?

Bill, W7TI