[RTTY] What RTTY Sounds Like

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] What RTTY Sounds Like
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:38:43 -0500
I'm in the middle of another project and have been thinking about
how I would describe what a RTTY signal sounds like to someone
who has never heard it before.

I'm drawing a blank here.  And could use some help.

The project is called "Getting Started on RTTY".  It's about half
way completed I would guess.  It's a result of a message I posted
on the NJDXA DX Reflector about P5/4L4FN being on RTTY
and offering my help to anyone who wanted to get started on RTTY.

I had seven people reply asking for help getting started on RTTY.
Instead of trying to tutor seven different individuals, I thought
it would be better if I put something on my web site instead.

I'm putting the links to these new pages on my newly revamped
RTTY page at www.aa5au.com/rtty.

Comments appreciated.

73 & thanks,
Don AA5AU