[RTTY] 4U1VIC

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 4U1VIC
From: aa0cy at quadnet.net (Bob Wanderer)
Date: Thu May 8 21:15:42 2003
4U1UN and 4U1ITU were given their DXCC entity status when
extra-territoriality was a permissible criteria for an
entity.  By the time 4U1WB and 4U1VIC came around, the DXCC
rules had changed.

I don't believe the old (or the young) men at ARRL did that.
The decision to do so, I believe, comes through the DXAC--DX
Advisory Committee.  I do not know if that committee has
members from outside the USA, but it would seem logical that
they would given that DXCC participants are not limited to
the USA.

Perhaps if you and other folks let the DXCC desk know of
your opinion it might change matters the next time rule
changes are considered.  Try sending e-mails to
dxcc@arrl.org

73
Bob AA0CY