Re: [RTTY] A repository of (poor) RTTY recordings?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] A repository of (poor) RTTY recordings?
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:30:43 -0400
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 at 11:17:58 -0500 Tony DePrato wrote:

At 09:56 AM 4/21/2004 +0000, DJ3IW Goetz wrote:
HI Bill,

you do not want to reinvent "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE

LAZY DOGS BACK", do you? ;-)

Well i always liked NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTY. Seems there was a couple more out there 73 Tony

The one I like (for exercising all 26 letters) is:

PACK MY BOX WITH FIVE DOZEN LIQUOR JUGS

However, as far as texts to test with go, it doesn't really matter what the text is as long as you have a correct (text) copy in addition to the sound file - the computer can figure out how many copying mistakes were made from that. My suggestion would be to use text with lots of FIGS/LTRS case changes (like call signs and contest exchanges).

73,
Rich VE3IAY

73, Rich VE3IAY