Re: [RTTY] Re: WTB: PK232

To: Richard Kriss <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: WTB: PK232
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 12:07:37 -0700
On Sun, 30 May 2004 12:01:53 -0500, Richard Kriss wrote:

>Some of the sound card software packages
>have neat bells and whistles but for solid RTTY copy I find the PK-232 hard
>to beat.

The overwhelming majority of MMTTY/PK-232 users would disagree with you.
I suspect there is something wrong with your MMTTY setup, either sound
level, filters, or possible the sound card itself.  Properly set up,
MMTTY should outperform all amateur TNC's except perhaps the high-end
HAL models like the ST-8000.

I do agree with your recommendation to have both, provided you can run
both at once.  I use two computers.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW