Re: [RTTY] QSO B4

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] QSO B4
From: f6irf@free.fr
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:54:48 +0200
Hi everybody
It may surprise you but I do agree with Dennis...

My new approach, based on a few contests experience, is the following:

- If I am calling, I may pass the name in the QSL message (ie "QSL DENNIS 73 de
F6IRF CQ"), especialy when the rate is low to moderate (which is - for me- the
majority of the time !) - And more specificaly "I will" if the guy is a well
known station in my log: i.e. a nice chap who makes the effort to call me in
each contest deserves a few hundred milliseconds of my on-air time as a
"delicate attention"  (or as Dennis is saying it may be some kind of "feeling
of belonging to the "RTTY CLUB"").

However being pragmatic I may not pass the name in the following cases:

- When replying to a call: in this case my point is to make my exchange as short
as possible... (coz I don't know if I am the only one on the waiting list...)
- In a CQ position, when I know or have the feeling that somebody else is
waiting - in this case, if possible I will chain (ie "AB8NI QSL 73 {CR} NOW
W2UP 599 14 W2UP" ) if not it will be "QSL 73 DE F6IRF CQ"

Now you may consider that option one is wasted time... At the end I don't think
it's really a big deal... You have so many other ways to really waste time,
that I would not even try to list them here !

73's Pat

PS: The worst in the friend.ini being "SOMETHING RADIO-CLUB" (have to filter
those ones!)... the best being "GUYS" ;-) (I like this one - from PI4CC I
think... )

Re: [RTTY] QSO B4
from [roofus] [Permanent Link][Original]