RE: [RTTY] QSO B4

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [RTTY] QSO B4
From: Schulz Jonathan <jonathan.schulz@siemens.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:57:33 -0500

 Bill Turner [mailto:dezrat1242@ispwest.com] wrote:

>"...I had to manually enter the /x on several calls during the contest and
>I'm wondering why the stations sent the /x in the first place?

>It's not required by the FCC.
>It's not required by the contest rules.
>It slows things down.

>So why do it? "

Because if they don't and the software defaults a Zone 3 for W6xxx (who is
W6xxx/4 and is in Zone 5) and in the heat of the run I don't change the zone
(My responsibility to log what sent not what assumed however...)

I guess I may long for the old days when if you lived in W4 land (for
example) you had to have a W4 call or sign /4

73
Jon
K9JS
(curmudgeon at age 42? :-))