RE: [RTTY] HAL ST-8000

To: 'RTTY Reflector' <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] HAL ST-8000
From: Keith Regli <keith@kregli.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:13:30 -0700
I suspect the "regenerative" came from the WWII TT63 "regenerative repeater"
that was modified to use as a TU in the old days.  As I recall it took in a
"digital" signal and retimed it and then re-keyed the line with a polar
relay.  If you put a pair of filters and couple of diodes in front of it you
were on the air.

Keith Regli (K7KAR)
mailto:keith@kregli.com
http://www.kregli.com