Reply to all: [RTTY] HAL ST-8000

To: "K7HPH" <k7hph@access4less.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Reply to all: [RTTY] HAL ST-8000
From: "K7HPH" <k7hph@access4less.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:41:45 -0700
Thanks for all of the replies. The information is very helpful. Well, I have a PK232MBX that I use occasionally and also use the sound card from time to time. But I really like the ST-8000 standalone for contests and DX. I use the "Regen" feature and love the filtering on crowded bands and during contests.

I built the UT4 many years ago and ran it with the ST-6 and a Model 28ASR. That was quite a combination in those days. I graduated from that to the ROM 116 and a Radio Shack Mark III. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Bought an ST-6000 and then the ST-8000 and upgraded to a PC with Comprtty and WF1B.

I really love the old TU'S. I think the ST-8000 standalone is about the best there is. That's why I don't want to give it up. I will try Write Log. It looks like it has all of the features of WF1B.

One of these days I am planning to put the sound card back into service. Is there enough activity on the PSK modes now to warrant that type of operation?

Again, thanks for the information. I had looked at Write Log a while ago but hadn't realized that you could us a TU or "Dumb Terminal" with it.

73, Mark K7HPH