Re: [RTTY] W6WRT OK contest score

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>, RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] W6WRT OK contest score
From: Ed <w3nr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:56:07 -0500
Bill Turner wrote:
That's interesting about using both FSK and AFSK. May I ask why? Maybe I've missed something.

Also, what program(s) are you using with Linux? Is there a soundcard program like MMTTY?

Thanks,

--
Bill W6WRT

Bill,

Well there is not a good RTTY contesting app for Linux that I can find. So, that means a dual boot system and win2k along with N1MM logger with the MMTTY plugin. This software is unbeatable in my opinion. As you know, bugs are fixed almost immediately, Tom and his group are right on top of problems, and ESM is almost as good as biscuits and gravy.

Now as for Linux, I use Debian which is rock solid, no burps, bleeps, or otherwise and its free, as in beer. I use several apps here. Gmfsk for RTTY and PSK,afsk only, good program and an easy install. For CW tests I use TLF, another easy install and great support by the author, its a CT clone at its best. IBP for tracking the beacons works well from the terminal. Packet DX cluster is handled by XDX, and logging by Xlog. All of these apps support rig control via hamlib. Also there is Xplanet, a grey line map of the world.
I'm not sure if you are into Linux or not, but may I suggest if not, that you look into the many "live" cd's. Among them are Ubuntu and Knoppix, and there is also a Debian Dxpedition cd. These as no harm,no foul as they run from the CD, not your hard drive. HTH.....73

Ed W3NR

Debian GNU/Linux