Re: [RTTY]

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY]
From: "radioman" <radioman@semarg.ath.cx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:37:01 -0500
If U over drive the AMP it self what does it do?

its starting to look, as if there is more then one way to shoot a duck..
I know some of U that do use AMPs and your signal is next to perfect.
but its all in the operation

1: Clean setup from sound card to radio (shielded cables etc.)
2: Rig is not being over driven from sound card (major issue)
3: Rig not over driving AMP ( another major issue )
4: Amp is properly tuned and not reaching or exceeding spec's for CW or RTTY

make anyone of those in any order bad with a AMP and what do ya got.
10 plus kc wide of chain saw action 500 miles away..

what happens when the slightest overdriven sound card hits a AMP or radio
that
is just meeting FCC spec?
does a 7K fine have to hit the door step,
to make ya wake up and listen to people that are complaining?
enough whining!

my FSK rig is a IC-746, and from the factory using FSK with the sound card
interface
the ALC used to show 3 bars above the ALC bracket and I would at times have
locals tell me that
they could not copy me when I was using the 250hz  Icom filter. but could
copy me when I used the 1.9 filter
Icom filter, after removing the cases form the radio and lowering the audio
to inside the ALC,
I was fine inside of the 250hz filter.   it seems that the Icon's   IN FSK,
do get over driven in FSK
mode, if your outside the ALC brackets in FSK mode then U are a offender!
well it looks like I was at the time

Merry Xmas!
Tony
N1LDY