Re: [RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??
From: Gordon LaPoint <n1mgo@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:51:25 -0500
On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 07:44, Art Searle W2NRA wrote:

> I respectfully and vehemently disagree with you.  I am fairly new to
> contesting and still casual at it.  And my current station is a very
> modest one as I chose not to have an amp for household (read:
> mother-in-law) tranquility.  I frequently have to repeat my call and my
> report especially when conditions are poor.  When a station doesn't
> acknowledge my report with at least a "TU" I am not sure if the station
> has just given up on me or if I'm in the log.  If I think I am not in
> the log I am likely to delete the contact and THE STATION WITHOUT THE
> ACKNOWLEDGMENT IS NOT IN MY LOG.  BTW I do submit every log, no matter
> how small.  Does that change your mind about a simple "TU?"

I agree with Art, I don't get an acknowledge when I'm S&P they might not
be in my log when it goes in, especially if I work them later and they
insist on telling me "Worked B4" instead of just working me again.
Another of my "pet peeves" about contesting lids, is the "WB4", it
should be banned.  The other "pet peeve" is the person that sends to me,
when I am CQ'ing:
n1mgo n1mgo n1mgo n1mgo de xxxxx k

What was his call? it took a hit and I could not decode it, besides I
know my call, I need YOUR call, not mine!!!!

and when I ask for a repeat of the exchange, please send the exchange!!!
not my call or your call 10 times!!

PLEASE:
Look at the aa5au web site http://www.rttycontesting.com
and follow the suggestions, does not have to be exact, I taylor my
message buffers to my style, but Don has great ideas on how to improve
your chances of being decoded at the other end!!!

// off soapbox

Gordon - N1MGO  new rtty contester, for 5 years now